How can I maximize my Space?
- Seal Boxes completely with packaging tape to keep out dust
- Use covers and pads to protect mattresses and furniture
- Maximize space by storing couches (not sofa beds) on end
- Wrap mirrors and pictures with paper pads or use mirror boxes
- Disassemble tables and shelves and store on sides. Never store them flat
- Wrap and mark all pieces for easier reassembly
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly open and clean
- Stack heavier boxes on the bottom and keep the stacks close to prevent collapsing
- Inspect your storage unit. Make sure the space you are renting is adequate size to fit you needs.
- Decide what packing accessories you will need. Bubble Wrap, tape, drop cloths, mattress or furniture covers, locks, different size boxes, pallets, etc…
- Pack the storage space carefully. Leave air space around the perimeter to aid ventilation. Don’t lean items against walls. Leave a walk way to the rear of your space for easy access. Use all the space available, including the height, and place frequently used goods near the door.
- Label Boxes. It only takes a minute to label your boxes as you pack, but by doing so will save you lots of time when you’re ready to move out having to locate something within your unit when you need it. Place the label on the side and the top so they can be seen easily.
- Fill Boxes to Capacity, partially full or bulky cartons may collapse or tip. Heavy items should be packed in small boxes so they are easy to lift. Heavy boxes should be placed near the bottom of stacks to prevent crushing other boxes. Protect fragile goods with bubble wrap or packing peanuts, and place near the top of your storage space.